Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mikerbull1

Key Replacement

7 posts in this topic

Hi. I noticed in the frequently asked questions section that is possible to get a new key following the proceedure detailed. I wondered if this applys with a standard black key rather than the original red one (which has been lost) many thanks mike bull

x11's only ever had black keys :dontknow:

Hi. I noticed in the frequently asked questions section that is possible to get a new key following the proceedure detailed. I wondered if this applys with a standard black key rather than the original red one (which has been lost) many thanks mike bull

Yamaha uses those red keys :rolleyes:

Many thanks Eddie. Previous owner must have made a mistake. Thought I have have been in a mess. cheers, mike

x11's only ever had black keys :dontknow:

Mate, if you've only got one key you are in a potential mess.

Surprised no body mentioned it.

If you loose your only key, you will need a new ECU with its accompanying high cost (£750?)

Get a long to your nearest Honda Stealership and buy a new key for your bike, then pay them to have it added to the HISS system.

If you loose both keys you loose the ability to have a new one added, and all may be lost.

My local dealers are BIG.. and they had a key it cost 27 inclusive and it cost 30 +VAT to code the HISS to accept the new key.

Also its worth noting that you code the bike NOT the key. So when you take the key away from the dealership to have it cut at a key cutters (any will do), do let them try to

code it with their key coding system it wont work, and they could damage the key. The key is a transmitter ONLY. It cannot be programmed.

Many thanks for your advice - much appreciated.

Mate, if you've only got one key you are in a potential mess.

Surprised no body mentioned it.

If you loose your only key, you will need a new ECU with its accompanying high cost (£750?)

Get a long to your nearest Honda Stealership and buy a new key for your bike, then pay them to have it added to the HISS system.

If you loose both keys you loose the ability to have a new one added, and all may be lost.

My local dealers are BIG.. and they had a key it cost 27 inclusive and it cost 30 +VAT to code the HISS to accept the new key.

Also its worth noting that you code the bike NOT the key. So when you take the key away from the dealership to have it cut at a key cutters (any will do), do let them try to

code it with their key coding system it wont work, and they could damage the key. The key is a transmitter ONLY. It cannot be programmed.

Sorry potentially disastrous typo...

DONT LET them try to code the key at the key cutters. It wont work. And it may damage your only key.