Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest marklintonarnold

Mirrors? and Adjusting headlight?

7 posts in this topic

Hi just wanted to see if anyone has changed there mirrors as the std ones are.....cr*p ? what did you change to?

Also my main beam is on the floor in front of me so needs raising does anyone know how to adjust before i take a look in the garage

Many thanks

I always thought the standard mirrors to be pretty good myself, I'm sure others that have changed them will be along soon with input ::huh::

The headlight can be angled up or down by loosening the 10mm allen key bolts on either side of it.

Hi just wanted to see if anyone has changed there mirrors as the std ones are.....cr*p ? what did you change to?

Also my main beam is on the floor in front of me so needs raising does anyone know how to adjust before i take a look in the garage

Many thanks

Changed mine, these are Motrax mirrors, had to add LSL extensions so that i could see something else than my elbows...

18092008299.jpg

07102008309.jpg

This is how it looks now.

06052010270.jpg

I put some cheap ones from fleabay on mine - not sure of the name any more - anbd they were actually really good. The only thing was that they did vibrate a lot at speed - they're ABS plastic instead of aluminium, so that may be why. Anyway, I liked them.

Smashed the one when i crashed few weeks back and went back to the OEM. Don't like the look as much but they're OK.

I never had a problem with my standard mirrors, They sit just the right height for me, good vision without any distortion at all speeds. Some aftermarket mirrors are very pretty but useless, a bar end mirror on the X11 would not be good for me as it takes a concerted effort to use it.

bar end mirrors will made the bike even wider to filter with?

I find the standard mirrors to be very good, i bought some Motrax mirrors the exact same as Henri's, (in picture) cost me £50 and i used them for one ride out! Totally useless, can't see anything but elbows. :(