Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

Clutch Cable Concertina? Help me lighten the controls..pullease

2 posts in this topic

I am doing what I can to get my clutch as good as James Cate's.

I am ordering up a set of standard length Pazo leavers.. but I have looked at the cable as it runs into the low adjuster and there is some concertinaing of the outer.

Anyone else see this, may be a regular X thing.

When I met James, I also met, by pure chance an older guy with a blue X. He said, "one thing mate - really heavy clutches" .. I felt his and thought..crikey that IS tough.

Then I had a go on James' and it was smooth and light, not as light as my Triumph Hydraulic, but light non the less.

Anyhow, the guy who had my bike before me was pretty big, and the ride home in the cold and subsequent adjusting to get rid of a sticky clutch and riding in thick winder gloves has given me tendinitis in my hands, left worse.

Which is a bummer, as I want to ride!

I just wondered if anyone could help me get the clutch especially lighter? Anyone else got any tips? Cable probs common? Hydraulic conversion? Is it easy?

Clutch cable problems are uncommon on the x11. I have never had any issues with mine or heard of any other member having grief with it or with the clutches being heavy.

Why not try oiling the cable first? Maybe it's never been done or take the front sprocket cover off and check the gubbins behind it. Maybe it's all gummed up?

Hydraulic Bbird clutch will fit, Toby on here has one on his x11 but a hydraulic clutch will probably be heavier on the wrist than cable.