Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest phpbiker

HISS Key - Can user add another key?

12 posts in this topic

My bike came with only one key. Obviously at some point someone has lost a key and datatool fob.

Bummer.

Datatool fobs can be easily added, but what about the HISS key can a user add them?

Sorry mate. I am too used to asking instead of searching.

HISS programming booked in at local dealers tomorrow :-) ..

Just no worried the idiot cutting the key will mess it up.. LOL

Also getting that sh_tty Datatool alarm removed.

hi key with programming costed me £52 in july at local dealer in north manchester.have a bike with alarm pain in the bum Hiss much better.

Edited by blueboy

Gonna remove the Datatool System 3 completely and then burn it.

Gonna cost me more on insurance, because HISS is not Thatcham approved or what have you.

Luckily not hard to remove, but thinking of having local guy do it for me, but only because my workshop is too cold to use this time of year... Like.. seriously, its freezing.

And I want it off before the bike sits over winter when the weather really worsens.

As, all its doing is ruining the battery.

My last two bikes have had Datatool System 3 alarms fitted and I have not had any trouble with them. :) I bet I've tempted fate now. :laugh:

Well ..

Do you keep your bike in the garage on a battery optimizer like the Optimate?

oh .. and I wondered have you ever had to add an alarm fob to the system?

Edited by phpbiker

Oh... (again)... and if you don't optimize the battery, what's the longest you have left the bike with the alarm armed?

on my alarmed bike the system goes into sleep mode after a week, does not bleep but will not start without reset.any fob supplier should be able to encode if you have a fob to work with (have did this on my car alarm)the problrms I have with alarms is the key out of the bike int o the filler at fillup times the alarm always reset before the tank fill then goes off and some car driver said "hey mate your alarm works" funny the first ten times not now keep smiling Bry

Chears mate..I've been reading up on that sleep mode..

I am gonna reprieve the System 3. I'll give it a chance.

If it dumps me in the middle of no were or plays up, I'll give it the archers elbow, the big 'eve ho :-)

You have to reset it with the pin code?

Edited by phpbiker

If I use my bike every weekend there is no need to use a trickle charger, in the colder weather the battery as lasted about a month without a charger hooked up to it. I've got the knack now when filling up, just be careful when the alarm harms itself and it will not go off and scares you shitless. :laugh:

OK Guys,

I was given another fob, and added another key (once cut) to the Hiss system via the local Honda dealership.

I am going to give the Datatool a chance. The very moment it does anything aside from work, I'll bin it. Its already annoying. If it becomes unreliable and annoying its going to see the blunt end of my hammer.