Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest yodasoldier

NEW REG REC/ REGULATOR RECTIFIER

2 posts in this topic

So my battery was flat the other day when i tried to start my X11..bugger i thought ..the cold has killed it as there has been a sudden drop in the temperature recently. Charged it up and it was good for a few miles and a couple of starts and then left me stranded a few miles from home. So i thought ok this battery is a gonna....though id check the charging system before replacing just to be sure...ah....no volts going back in at about 3000 rpm..

Decided it was the reg rec..so looked for a replacement...not alot out there....decided to order a Blackbird Fuel injected model reg rec from Electrex world £88 ...ouch!

On its arrival it had one less wire on the main connector block a mate tested the missing black wire and told me it was a switchng live...and to just fit it without and it should be fine...the three yellow grounds to the front of the bike had to be joined with connectors as the lead was only a few inches long unlike the original which is a good 2 ft.

All is good and back running again with a healthy 14+ volts at about 3000rpm to battery.

Just thought id post this as i did look to see if l a blackbird reg rec would fit and work on the forum but couldn't find and answer.

If i get any further problems will post ...but all seems well

Cheers,

;)

Edited by yodasoldier

I wish i'd known this back in August in Scotland! Mine went out and I got a BB one for only £55 and couldn't make it work. Bugger!