Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Robroy

Scotoiler

8 posts in this topic

Hi all. Trying to fit a Scotoiler and I noticed that those who have fitted one have had to cut a vacuum tube but on their web site it says just to replace one of the carb balancing wholes with the M5 brass spigot supplied. Does this affect the compression or will there be a torque setting after I have replaced it. Can anyone help :confused:. Cheers Alan. Oh and a Happy New Year to you all :).

the vacuum pick up hole wont affect compression at all , this is merely a hole intersecting with the inlet trac used for balancing the inlet vacuum wich is done by adjusting the carbs/throtles or in the case of the x the starter valve syncronisation, the scott oiler merely uses the vacuum from one of these ports to open the scott oiler valve when the engine is running , obviously to allow oil to flow, the assembly is sealed and no leaks in the vacuum system will happen.

Hope this helps

Thanks x11r I think I understand, does that mean there is no torque setting required when fitting the sprigot .

If it?s a 4 cylinder bike there will be 4 identical screws: 1 on each cylinder. Unscrew one and replace with either the M5 spigot, or the M6 spigot. (Honda is often M5) Use some rtv silicon sealant or threadlock and a washer to ensure an airtight seal, be careful not to overtighten the spigot. Push damper elbow from the Scottoiler kit onto the spigot.

Manual quotes 3nm torque on the starter solenoid vacum plug.

I just did my spigot up finger tip tight. You need to be very careful not to damage the thread.:o

Cheers,

Paul.

I just cut a vacuum pipe and added the white plastic T piece in, easier to replace the pipe than repair a knackered thread in the head if you get it wrong

I just cut a vacuum pipe and added the white plastic T piece in, easier to replace the pipe than repair a knackered thread in the head if you get it wrong

I did the same ! No problems work perfect ! ;)