Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick

True or false?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

there's an ad on "that" site selling an "ogygen sensor eliminator." It claims to increase torque, better throttle response etc.

Anyone any gen on this?

Well, after you put that on, ecu will be fooled to think that o2 sensor data is always the optimum, and it doesnt have to adjust the mixture at all, usuallu you use it when you install PC3, dont know what it will do just by it self, nothing good i think.

In a nutshell the ECU won't be able to adjust fuel air mixture according to need (altitude, use, revs, etc.) and that's where the PC comes in - it does this with it's various maps instead of the ECU cutting it out.

Like Henri said, can't do any good just using it on its own.

Cheers guys, another "quick fix" assigned to the trash can.

In any case you can make your own eliminator if you want to try it and it is cheaper too (less than £1), all you need is a 330ohm resistor, remove the O2 sensor and connect the resistor across the connections on the female connector in the loom. There are plenty of old threads knocking about relating to this, aftermarket exhausts (main reason why people fit one is because their new exhaust has no port for the O2 sensor)and PCs. on its own it is not an improvment in the grand scheme of things. The PC intersepts the Honda ECU signal to the injectors and the map inside the PC is made at various throttle positions and the F/A is optimised for those throttle openings, that is why it needs to be set up on a dyno with Power commander software to make it accurate. The other option similar to the PC is the thing i had fitted to mine which is basically a fuel pump piggy backed onto the ECU, this can be set up on the road and has an improvment over standard but again not massive difference, made by Techlusion. Dont be fooled either by some of those things on that site from Greece that claim to improve performance but have no connetions to the bike (that is impossible as it's not wi-fi)i think they are marketed as Nitro.