Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest raeman

Oil filters

5 posts in this topic

As above guys, anyone have any experience with K&N oil filters?

As my x11 needs an oil/filters service, i've just bought the combo deal off eebag, K&N air filter and a chrome K&N oil filter for only £37 with free postage.

I usually use OE from Silvers for the oil filter, but i got a reccomendation from a biker pal to use K&N oil filter. Apparently there race developed blah de blah ect ect..

Looks good in chrome, plus they have a welded on 17mm nut for easy fitting/removal which allways helps.

Usually they cost between £10-£12 each compared to £5 for a Hi-Flo for example but i'm getting a new air filter anyway so i thought i'd give one a try.

So has anyone used K&N oil filter? Heard good or bad reports? ect..

Cheers lads, sorry for the rambling btw! :laugh:

We have Honda and Yamaha Oems at my work, we have also K&N and Hi-Flo`s in case that some bike (or ATV) comes for a oil change and we dont have Oem for that spesific machine.

Everytime we first use those Oems, ok we have to, if the machine is under warranty.

I havent never ever heard that "aftermarket" oilfilter had caused any problems for engine, so, they will do the job.

But you never know... :laugh:

Hmmm, chrome oil filter... that's just another thing to fuel your polishing fetish isn't it? dry.gif

Mark, I have been using a K&N oil filter for a while now without any problems, picked it up at Demon Tweeks didnt seem any more expensive than the Honda filter. I did do an oil flush before it was fitted so system was nice and clean before fitting new filter and oil (Castrol Racing Semi Synthetic).I was suprised by some previous posts relating to replacing the oil filter with a full Akrapovic system on relating specifically to lack of space to remove oil filter as the headers sit closer to the engine, all i can say is mine must be fitted wrong because i had no issues replacing the oil filter.

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Eddy, the filter just comes as chrome i didn't just order it for that, although it will look better than boring black.