Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Robroy

LED Indicators

9 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to you all. I just got new LED indicators for Christmas but it comes with a resistor to give the correct flash rate if needed. The only thing is that the connectors are different and I don't want to have to cut wires unless I have to and I am not very good with electrics and can't find anything in the X11 manual to tell me whether I need the resistor or not :confused: . Has anyone else had LED indicators fitted or can tell me whether I need to connect the resistor or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Alan

Merry Christmas Alan.I've fitted LED idicators to previous bikes and have had to fit resistors so that they flash correctly and normally it involves cutting wires..

The LED indicators don't draw the same amount of current as the original ones hence the need for the relay to be fitted to each indictor. The other option is to by a specific flasher relay that will give the correct flash rate (70 blinks/minute for MoT), this should be a straight replacment for the original and should not require cutting and soldering connections. Acumen make such a relay, sold through various outlets, try busters online shop, although not cheap at ?35, will do the job without modifying your loom, and should be plug and play as it is designated for Honda bikes

Edited by standish honda

Had changed front indicators, had to use resistors and had to anyway cut those connectors from original idicators and connect them to aftermarket indicators. So you have to anyway cut and connect wires.

Be sure that you route your wires trough those small holes before you add those resistors to the wires, otherwise they might not fit.

When using leds, polarity is important, so plus and minus have to be right way.

Merry Christmas to you all. I just got new LED indicators for Christmas but it comes with a resistor to give the correct flash rate if needed. The only thing is that the connectors are different and I don't want to have to cut wires unless I have to and I am not very good with electrics and can't find anything in the X11 manual to tell me whether I need the resistor or not :confused: . Has anyone else had LED indicators fitted or can tell me whether I need to connect the resistor or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Alan

Any body about to do this ? or fitted some already.

How about a few pictures of your indicators and where you got them and how were they to fitt.

I have some that i got from Gericke fitted, no pics thou until i can go out and take some. Tomorrow at the earliest.

Loads of styles around at present, i quite like those black body ally ones. I have some small one's on mine at present but want some led ones.B)

Hi all. Fitted my LED indicators and I've finally had time to take some pictures of them :). You can see them in the gallery and thanks for all the help with the questions everyone.

Cheers Alan.