Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest whitegloss

plasic straw in the oil !!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

what a dick I am!!. I slightly overfilled the oil and have used a very thin plastic straw taped to a syringe to suck the oil out, however the bloody straw has dropped in the oil dipstick hole never to be seen again :blink: . I dont think it would do any harm, but was after some opinions before i take the clutch cover off and get it

Ah, the other chuckle brother has turned up!

Put the bike on its sidestand and hardly any oil will come out, if any.

Best get a new gasket as you can't be certain it won't fragment when you whip the cover off. It may be well stuck and require a shock with a rubber mallet.

You could do a "to me, to you" sort of routine as you do this... hitting yourself on the head then on the clutch cover for best comedy effect.

You want to get it out... before it melts and clogs up your oilways or something equally nasty!

i had made plans to go out on the bike tommorrow, think ill just sit on a chair in the garage and hit me head with the mallett until i fall into unconciousness as the x just sits and watches me.

ive just tret the old girl to pazzo levers and some new indicators and this is how she repays me by sucking the straw into her bowels-bitch!!! :(

thanks for the help Eddy, have got the straw out, cleaned the gasket and casing, added some jointing compound and got myself a temporary fix. Least I can get out tommorrow, thank feck! :rolleyes:

Oh well done!

You do know it's gonna rain tomorrow?

Teehee :devil:

Why not undo the drain bolt a bit to let some oil out.

Now that's just rubbing salt into the wound, funny though.

what a dick I am!!. I slightly overfilled the oil and have used a very thin plastic straw taped to a syringe to suck the oil out, however the bloody straw has dropped in the oil dipstick hole never to be seen again :blink: . I dont think it would do any harm, but was after some opinions before i take the clutch cover off and get it

I would take it out if i was you. Last thing you need is some plastic in your engine internals!

Remember to not overfill it next time!! :laugh:

I can talk, i once sprayed WD-40 all over a front disc (Thinking it would clean it, i was only 16 then!) then went charging down the street on a 125 field bike.

Quite scary but damn funny for my mates watching me dump it in some bushes with no brakes! :laugh:

We live and learn mate. :)

I have no idea why i did not do this, you have these moments of madness as you get older I suppose :unsure:

Oh well done!

You do know it's gonna rain tomorrow?

Teehee :devil:

thanks for another kick in the bollocks when a man is down Eddy :blink:

That's a pretty good idea about the straw and syringe thing. Glad I never thought of it and just drained the oil form the plug. :devil: