Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest standish honda

service time again

2 posts in this topic

time to spend some more hard earned beer vouchers on the bike again, Phoned Demon Tweeks for an oil filter, whilst on i asked for a price on Iridium spark plugs, was quoted ?9.50 each, thought that seemed a bit steep. went online and found same plugs for ?5.95 each, ordered them at 3.00 in the afternoon and they came through the letter box at 10.00a/m the following day, excellent service from sparkplugs.co.uk.

Also want to try and clean out the throttle bodies/fuel injection and top end. in an attempt to clear up an erratic idle and rough patch at 2.5-3K. Red ex and it's like are not touching it and reading some reviews online have bought a product called BG44K, it is a fuel additive available to the trade that is supossed to do the biz, will do a review/update when i have completed the service.did you know you can have your injectors cleaned and tested by post for a tenner each?

I changed my plugs when i got my x11. Did'nt really need to but as i was doing the oil & filters, i thought i'd change em. Think i paid about ?48 (inc vat) for NGK iridiums. Nice plugs though but your right about em being steep.:o

Never heard of the BG44K stuff but if it's the business then my big lass might be having some. Look forward to the review on it pete.;)

The injector cleaning service seems a good do esp if your bike's covered a few miles or been in storage for years. (if that's what causes dirty injectors?):confused: