Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Mirrors

10 posts in this topic

I should have put this with the lowering kit question. Doh! Can the mirror head be tightened,my left hand one moves when I get up to 80mph but I can't see that it can be tightened..

I have tried one or two different sets on my bike, i still find the OE ones the best, not aware of how they can be tightened though. The mirror will rotate through 360 on the arm but iam not sure as to wether this tightens it or not.Noted that the Hein Gericke catologue has a replacment that looks very similar to the OE ones, other alternative is David Silver although last time i looked they were not cheap from him.

When you say it moves... do you mean just the round mirror bit or the whole arm?

Just the head.

Ah, well not a lot you can do then... sometimes turning the head around by 180 degrees can help.

The round mirror moves not the arm.

Tried rotating but seems to make matters worse,just ordered a new one from Dave Silver.

My left mirror folds itself in at approx 140. I know this cos at the time i was racing (leaving) a kwak z1000.;D

Not in North Wales I hope!!

Nah, never been there on the bike stu and would'nt either...not with their police force!!:rolleyes: