Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JamesCates

FI control modules

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. I saw this on shmeebay a while ago and jsut came across it again. It's made by the guy who invented DynaJet PCs as a more user-friendly alternative to the PC. It may be worth a look. If anyone knows anything more about it, I'd appreciate the input.

If not, I may buy it and give it a try at that price (US Dollars) and let everyone know.

Here's the item number: 4643542886

Hi all. I saw this on shmeebay a while ago and jsut came across it again. It's made by the guy who invented DynaJet PCs as a more user-friendly alternative to the PC. It may be worth a look. If anyone knows anything more about it, I'd appreciate the input.

If not, I may buy it and give it a try at that price (US Dollars) and let everyone know.

Here's the item number: 4643542886

(part FI-1020)

http://www.techlusio....asp?make=honda

TFI vs Power Commander

http://www.techlusio...ercommander.asp

I ran my X11 with a Techlusion for 2 years.bought it for £10, sold it for £30. Simple piece of kit to set up, can be done on the road but better on the dyno to set the F/A ratio. It is basically a fuel pump that activates at a pre determined RPM and delivers a pre determined amount of additional fuel. It is connected to the injector cables from the ECU so it picks up a signal from the ECU when the throttle is opened up wide, it does not alter the fueling when the throttle is at small openings.If i remember correctly they are fairly generic in so far as the 4 cylinder version can be fitted to any 4 cylinder bike over 600cc, they do a Vee twin version too. The main difference is that the P.C.iii can be mapped more accurately because for every 250 rpm increment in engine speed it can be adjusted for 9 seperate throttle positions, so will smooth out any throttle snatching, although not an issue on the X11 some bikes are plagued with fuel map glitches.I have a power run on the dyno somewhere i will try and dig it out and compare it with the one i had done when i set up my P.C.iii.

OK, the power run with the Techlusion fitted graph only gives a max power output reading of 135 rwbhp with a F/A ratio 13.0, there are a few dips in the graph due to fueling low down before the Techlusion kicks. With the P.C.iii fitted mapped with a Dynojet library map a max power figure of 132 rwbhp and 76.96 torque were recorded, with the P.C.iii fitted and a custom map added there was an increase to 137.33 rwbhp and a torque figure of 81.86. We are not talking massive increases in performance, bear in mind these are two different dynos on two different days so a true comparison is not possible.

Thanks for all the info. I have to consider it, still. Get the exhaust, paint, dents, levers, lght (maybe), mirrors, indicators sorted first. It runs OK to me but if I can clean any engineup, I'd be illing to give it a try.