Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest matt25011774

headlight on the mot test?

8 posts in this topic

ho wwill i know i fmy headlight is goign to pass the mot i put it up against a wall and it shines up a little to the left,bu thtey dont point it at a wall now days do they they shine it into a box!!?

normally slightly to the left so that pedestrians are illuminated and you do not blind on-coming traffic. How far to the left is another matter.

Ride bike at night....if light is pointing to moon then simply undoo both allen bolts and push unit down a bit then re-tighten said bolts....If beam is not aiming to left enough, then remove lens and use the manual adjuster, to adjust.:)

You do not remove the headlight lens to adjust the beam left to right. there is a screw on the left hand side as you look straight on at the light thats for altering the beam. most mot testers will set your light for free as its not a big job.

Edited by fe5ta

You do not remove the headlight lens to adjust the beam left to right. there is a screw on the left hand side as you look straight on at the light thats for altering the beam. most mot testers will set your light for free as its not a big job.

Yeah, good call chris. Sorry mat, i forgot about the adj screw.:doh:

you are all talking about the standard light i have a alien fairing fitted

not that we can remember who has standard and who has custom lights!

but as I said

"...normally slightly to the left so that pedestrians are illuminated and you do not blind on-coming traffic. How far to the left is another matter..."

the question is more, how far to the left? and only an MOT test will tell you

as fe5ta said:

"...most mot testers will set your light for free as its not a big job..."

sounds like if it is slightly to the left it's ok.