Guest cosm1n

headlight for use in UK not for the rest of Europe

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have bought an X11 form UK. Now I'm trying to register this bike in Romania.

I have been rejected form the vehicle registration autority because of the headlight.

It seems that vehicles for UK have the light directed more to the left (because they run on the left side of the road).

In rest of Europe (ex. Romania), since the vehicles travel on the other side of the road, the headlight directs the light more to the right.

Now, looking at my headlight is really visible (inside) a larger mirror on one side than the other.

How can I solve this? I cannot ride more than 30 days from now without registration of the bike.

What kind of headlight is it fitting on my bike? In Romania are no more than 5 pcs of X11. No one wants to borrow the headlight and it is pretty expensive to buy a new one. I'm thinking to the headlight from CB500, Hornet etc...is it the same dimension? What is inside of the X11 headlight?

How difficult is to remove the headlight

Thanks,

To remove the headlight is easy, just the two bolts that hold it to the brackets. The biggest problem might be that some of the main wiring loom plug connectors are located in the headlamp housing, they might need re-locating if you change the headlamp bowl. Options might be to look on an auction site in other European countries (Germany, France & Netherlands are good for X11) to locate a used headlamp from a private supplier of motorcycle salvage company, certainly the U.K and Japanese models will have the wrong headlamp beam angle for you. Or source an aftermarket headlamp for European use, like a streetfighter style.

Edited by standish honda

You should be able to just change the reflector for one from your own country from a hornet or even possibly a bandit etc

Yup....could be much easy to change just the reflector...As far as I know the Bandit and the hornet have some headlight Stanley E13 etc...

I'm looking for one....

Thanks!