Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest RG Blokey

Fuel / ignition issue

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am broken down at work at the moment. I had isues coming in with what felt like fuel starvation and then surge, thought i had a fuel problem so filled up.

It has got worse and either cuts out after 30 - 40secs on idle or after a quick blip. However very reluctant to rev. I checked fuel lines and vents, now have sometimes a long flas and then 9 short flashes. Looks like it is the bus home and collecting a trailer tomorrow, but anyone got an idea of what it is?

Seems to be a fault with your "Ignition Pulse Generator" or its connections...

The connection is in the big bundle of wires with the cylindrical rubber cover behind the engine near the injector bank. Or at the other end at the ECU with its feeble wires! Check em! Maybe give the front ones a squirt with wd40 or summat...

Thanks Eddy, will go delving.

A piccy says a thousand words... good luck!

Well, thats my tea break over... good do today tho had some hobnobs... yum!

I'll look on again in a bit see how you've gone on...

Yo Found it Hooray, no bus for me tonight. A broken wire on the ECU where some muppet had made a hash of removing the alarm. Thanks Eddy

Result! :thumbsup:

i have a problem also. my x11 can go to 6km per liter only. what seems to be the problem with it? i fill pertol everytime i see a gasoline station. i replace new sparkplugs and new fuel injections. but still the 2nd and 3rd sparkplug has a thick black carbon covering it completly. thats why it smells awful and irritates everybody eyes when someone gets close to it. what seems to be the problem? the ODO is 20800milage.