Guest Tattiebogle

Won't start 2

4 posts in this topic

At least you're getting four flashes. I've just put the battery (which I've had in the house) back in my bike which has been garaged (albeit in a garage with a leaky roof) since this time last year. And nothing it's totally dead. It was perfectly OK when I took the battery out. I've checked the fuses and everything and they're OK and the battery is showing 12.5 volts on a volt meter. The bike's a bit grimey from lying, but not that bad. I'm at a total loss as to what can be wrong (yes I've checked the kill switch, first thing I thought off).

Have you checked the Main fuse by the starter solenoid , if thats OK check all your connections especially your earth connection on the frame below the rear shock mount.

Strangely enough I just found the fuse beside the solenoid and it was blown. Replaced it, pressed the starter and she fired up first time after lying in a leaky garage for a year. Good old Honda.

A wee wash and polish tomorrow and then it's MOT time.

Result then tattiebogle,all that hassle for a bloody fuse!!:doh:Invaluable advice is much appreciated at times like that eh?;)

I learned something new aswell, never knew the earth connection was there on our bikes. Allways thought it was under the seat,near the battery:confused: