Guest eqw03s

Stainless Engine cover fasteners

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm after a stainless steel allen head bolt kit for the engine cases of my X11. Seen lots listed for Blackbirds but none for X11s. Any ideas. Mick.

Bird kit should be ok for the x11, i have stainless ones on mine (see gallery), i aquired an assortment of bolts and cut them to size, they do look nice and do not discolour with age.

I put a Blackbird alloy set on mine all were OK apart from I had to cut down one of the sprocket cover bolts , but had a few spare as well.

Just about the bolts... I need a set of the 3 bolts whom locking the black plate, the clutch arm holder. There is three different bolts (one short, one medium and one longer)

Can you tell me the ref.no. or the details of them?

not sure on that one, but the option would be to buy three long ones and cut two down to match the existing ones. Point to note, if you replace engine casing bolts with stainless ones make sure you use a copper grease on the bolt threads, stainless and alluminium alloy will react over time and this will help remove the bolts in the future.

not sure on that one, but the option would be to buy three long ones and cut two down to match the existing ones. Point to note, if you replace engine casing bolts with stainless ones make sure you use a copper grease on the bolt threads, stainless and alluminium alloy will react over time and this will help remove the bolts in the future.

I would not use that copper paste, it is good with steel to steel connections but when there is stainless steel, aluminium and copper it may be bad thing. Let me explain, once used copper paste on old aluminium wheels of my car, brake disks were rusty and i cleaned them, then i used copper paste and next time when i took those wheels out, the back of the wheel was like eaten, looked like surface of the moon.

I would use aluminium paste or just some allseason grease what is waterproof. Allso, i may be wrong.

Thanks lads,

I found the part numbers for the X11 - 1999:

90005-GHB-730

90005-GHB-750

90005-GHB-790

For the moment I fixed with a stainless bolt (cut to the good size and with lubricant) and I waiting for the original ones. Anyway: Thanks again.