Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest philiplolc

help with removable baffles

10 posts in this topic

i recently starting riding without my baffles (removable ones from scorpion)..

the engine started dying on me after a short run.. feels like the engine choked up or firing only 3 cylinders or something.. when i stop the bike, then start it, the idling rpm can't even goto 1k.. then engine dies again..

i finally suspected the baffles, put them back in and looks like its ok again.. idling rpm back to 1.1k.. seems weird that it'd work with the baffles in..

any encounter this before? something to do with timing? i've got no friggin clue.. had previously rode without the bafffles and no problems..

but then, it was rode more often previously, nowadays i only ride it like once in 2 weeks.. not sure if something is choked up..

I dunno, sounds a bit strange for sure! A bit like fuel starvation, maybe give the old girl a service? Fuel filter, new spark plugs, air filter etc...

Is your's a japanese market one? So no O2 sensor in the pipe?

Are you getting any flashes from the F1 light with the engine running and the side stand down?

mine's the jap version.. and yes, 25 flashes.. i've been riding with the 25 flashes for close to 2 yrs.. never had any power loss before..

would that be it?

thanks eddy.. more serious than i tot.. :)

i brought it to my mech.. went thru the spark plugs, air filter, injection.. all looks good.

then he found some loose wiring at the battery.. so looks like its fixed up..

he also checked my knock sensor and its working but the 25 blinks still there.. said our X11 wire harness has this problem.. he had already changed a couple of previous X11's knock sensor, and the darn thing still blinked..

he said its either the wire harness or the ECU..

anything like that happen to you guys over there?

Edited by philiplolc

Aye, sometimes the brittle wires snap at the connectors for the ECU... have a good look at them there.

The Blackbird has an issue with the wiring loom. It lets water into the connector it has fitted for the factory diagnostics machine. Our loom doesn't have this connector. Unless your Japanese market bike has a different loom? Look for a funny lump inside the wiring as it passes around the frame above the vicinity of the left footpeg.

If it has a "funny lump" in it... carefully extract it and you'll probably find the connector and its wires all black from corrosion. Honda extended the warranty to 5 years for the loom on Blackbirds... if yours is like that maybe they'd be kind to you?

i'll go check it out.. thanks again Eddy..

man, you like a walking dictionary on anything X11 related.. :)

..man, you like a walking dictionary on anything X11 related.. :)

Aye, I should get out more....;)

:D

i went to my mech again today.. he said he did check previously that blackbird loom thing and we don't have that extra connector.. so that's not it..

if only i can find a new wire loom..