Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest raeman

DIY Radiator Mesh.

8 posts in this topic

gallery_97_54_121397.jpg

Ok, here's one i made earlier!

Some other members might have already done this, but here's a guide to how i made mine as a member on here pm'd me about how to do it.

First of all get yourself down to B&Q and buy a sheet of small hole mesh, this stuff goes behind MDF radiator covers in houses. The sheets are available in different sizes but i got some at 50x25cm.

You also need some black plastic strip that just hammers on the edges of the mesh.

Next, go home and remove the rad cover from the bike.

Now next, i made some cardboard templates for the size i needed.

Flip the rad cover over and you need 2 peices of template, one for the rad and a smaller peice for the oil cooler.

Ok, mark out the mesh using the templates and cut the mesh with some strong scissors.

When both peices of mesh are cut to size, hammer the plastic strip around the edges so as not to scratch the plastic on the rad cover.

Next i got some small black cable ties and fastened it all down a bit, trim off the waste and now any adjustment can be made.

Next i drilled some small holes in the sides of the rad cover and cable tied the mesh to those too. If you drill the holes as far back as you can, you can't see them when it's all back on the bike.

So now it should all be done, put it back on the bike and there you go. Simples!

Pics in gallery.

Nice one Mark, moved to it's own spot in service helpers...

NICE ONE thanks will do just that

I'll be off to B and Q then, that looks the part as well as preventing stones flying through the rad

I have to say that looks pretty damned impressive! :niceone2:

Was the B & Q mesh stainless Raeman?

Raeman won't be answering you, he's not been on since he sold his bike last year.

You can get the mesh in a variety of finishes. Have a look in your local store.

Ah! Thanks Fast Eddy, had seen the remarks from Scorch (recent reply) and missed the origional post date :embarrased: :embarrased: .........DOH