Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Andrew410

Handlebar vibrations..HELP

5 posts in this topic

Anybody found cure to vibrations from handlebars ?? especially throttle

Have read... and experiemented on my other bike ( Bandit 1200 ...opps..bad words to some !!)..alas still not cured

X11 ..seems worse at 5000 rpm..sends hand to sleep too quickly

Some on other bikes have tried sand , ..lead shot inside bars..and in USA..rubber snake ..which really is a piece of sold rubber inserted into bars

Many thanks

Andrew

Ohh.. a "wee" head on... with my then brand new CBX 1000..back in 1979 !! and a car ( eeeegit driver ..me being careful with my words)..caused me to have a small bone removed from right wrist..BUT I was / am assured this is not the cause of the bad vibs.

I'd want to look at what's causing the vibrations first. I have to say that on both of my x11's the vibration has been minimal.

The handlebars mount to the "top bridge" and to the top yoke it is attached by rubber mounts which should dampen out the vibes. Check they aren't perished or worn etc.

Also, it may be a good idea to check your engine balance chain is adjusted properly, wheels balanced, tyres in good nick and at the right pressure, drive chain and sprockets, injectors balanced (starter valves syncronised), and that your engine is mounted properly in the frame (loosen the bolts and jack it up slighty befor re-torquing the bolts). That's as much as I can think of off the top of my head... but that'll keep you busy for a bit!

Good luck with it tho... and let us know how you get on.

Thanks Eddy..think..( sure ) all the normal checks are in good order....bike 13,000 miles only..

OMG..used to do 20/30 k..per year... :o

BUT will re-check... as good engineers do ( did 10 yrs..as precision engineer )..lol..

MANY years..ago..AND much wine..women ..:huh:..lawyers....AHHHHHHHH..

Have I heard this story before ? replies welcome !!!!... lol

Vibration..NOT aggressive..but numb..rt..hand

AND Honda..DID..remove one..balancer... from X 11....to give "FEEL"...not smoooooth ala Blackbird !!

Andrew

PS...How come...restricted..to some options..open files...photo's.. on this GREAT site ?

A fee...:huh: and move on from guest ??

Not sure..HELP !!

Well have a tinker with it and see how it goes...

As for the images issue.... read the FAQ section of the forum or read the contents of that "Notice" that is presented to you on the forum home page every time that you log on.

Andy,have a look on servicing tips and tech questions page 2. Tells you all about bad vibes;)