Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ketansawant

Tail Light Light All The Time...

8 posts in this topic

Guys you know how the tail light bulb has 2 filaments one is lit up when you have your lights on and the other one which is a lot brighter when you use your brakes, in my case both the filaments are burning as soon as I put the ignition on, I disconnected the brake light switch for the front brake but the light is still on so I am assuming it’s the switch for the rear wheel brake now where do I find this switch? Can someone please help....?

The rear brake light switch is attached to the foot brake pedal by a spring.

Sometimes the switches can stick on, so get some wd40 lubricant and find the black plastic switch and give it a spray.

If that doesn't work try adjusting it, the switch body is threaded so just turn it so the spring is has less tension.

The rear brake light switch is attached to the foot brake pedal by a spring.

Sometimes the switches can stick on, so get some wd40 lubricant and find the black plastic switch and give it a spray.

If that doesn't work try adjusting it, the switch body is threaded so just turn it so the spring is has less tension.

Thank you for that...will give it a go tonight...is it behind the assembly that holds the foot pegs ? or is it clearly visiable with easy access.

If yo go to the Benefactor's Section, you can open the repair manual there and it will give you good instructions on finding the switch and how to remove/clean it.

If yo go to the Benefactor's Section, you can open the repair manual there and it will give you good instructions on finding the switch and how to remove/clean it.

thanks mate...i've just donwloaded the document will read it up...

brake light all fixed...thank you all for your help. problem with the low fuel light will read up old post and see if i can find something if not will ask a question. Thank you

Glad it's fixed. Hope it was an easy one. Did it just need a clean? WD-40 do it? Let us know for future need.

Glad it's fixed. Hope it was an easy one. Did it just need a clean? WD-40 do it? Let us know for future need.

Yes WD40 ans a little bit of adjustment did the trick there was quite a bit of dried mud around as well i did nto remove the entire assembly to clean it but will probably do this over the week end.