Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Hood

Rev counter lens

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,some advice please..... I have noticed there's a smear on the inside of the rev counter lens (maybe caused by condensation) I after taken the lens / glass out to clean.Any thoughts?.All the best.

easy enough to take the lense out, if you need instruction just ask.

Thanks standish honda,Yes I'd like the instructions please.Hopefully I'll give it go tomorrow.many thanks.

The instrument pod wiring is connected into the main loom in the back of the headlamp, remove the two screws that hold the lamp into the headlamp bowl (remove the lamp if you feel it is more secure by pulling the lamp connectors off). Locate and remove the instrument pod securing bolts, these are found on the right and left headlamp brackets, there aretwo more bolts to remove that secure the pod to the headstock, these are located by the ignition switch. The instrument pod can now either lifted and disconnected from the loom in the headlamp bowl (two seperate connectors). The instrument pod can be taken to a bench to be stripped down. At the rear of the pod are some phillips head screws, remove all of these and seperate the two halves, the instruments are secured to the front half of the housing with more phillips head screws. The lense is not fixed to the instruments and can be lifted and cleaned. I used a product called Xerapol from Hein Gericke to do mine but some of the other guys report that T Cut and various other mild abrasives do the job too. The reassembly is just the reverse operation. Ensure there is no moisture in the lense, although the air can freely circulate around the insides of the pod when it is on the bike due to the holes in the rear to get the wiring loom to the instruments.

Thanks standish honda really appreciated,Ill give it a go.

all the best.

Hood,if you smear a very small amount of washing up liquid on the inside of the lens(after you clean it) it stops any future condensation build up;)

raeman, cheers. is condensation a common occurance then? mind you if that's the only problem I'll be happy.Managed to open the X11 a bit yesterday can't believe the mid range-fantastic. all the best.

I have never suffered from condensation on my instruments, even in 4 hours of heavy rain at motorway speeds.