Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest catsx11

Break and Clutch lever covers...

12 posts in this topic

Another question...

Along with the 16,000 mile service I had the clutch and break levers replaced with custom jobbies, but the

rubber shrouds that covered the pivot points where the cables meet the new levers are now missing! :BangHead:

The garage is denying all knowledge of them being on the bike in the first place! - :dontknow:

"...bring the bike round with the old levers, so we can have a look and know what part you are talking about,

they'll be marks on the old levers where they used to be..." - :doh:

My questions are -

1. I am sure there was a rubber cover to both sides - break and clutch - yes? - they said that

they would not have removed the the cables on the break/accelerator side, so there can not have been a cover on that side.

2. How can I find out the part numbers of these rubber covers?

3. If anyone else has them on their bike can they eMail a photo of the both?

I am 100% sure there were two, I bought the bike new with them.

And my new, year old battery is flat, for the first time ever my bike wouldn't start this morning!

Asked the mechanic why? "...year old, 5 year old - they can just do that..."

maybe it's all a bit of a co-incidence that I've had no problems with it starting until the day I collect the

bike from him. Ther's no alarm fitted, nothing to take charge.

It's on trickle charge now for the first time ever, so I'll see how it starts over the next few days!

Thanks for any help given.

Cats........havent you got any pics of your bike before service ??

Just checked My X dosn`t have a cover over either lever nor does the parts fische show any rubber covers. Batteries can just do that unfortunatly I`ve had one do it on my old VFR, however it wasn`t as case of today it`s had it even though yesterday it was good The bike had been stood a couple of weeks or so without any drain. I would be very suspisious of your bloke, I would hazzard a guess that he had a duff one in and thought it would look better on your bike.

There have been no covers on my levers and I've had it since new !.

no covers on my levers, think they stole your batteries mojo.

Nope no covers here either!

Eddy...close this subject before I cringe in embarrassment!

Just looked at some photos of my bike, and, and, and I'M W R O N G ! :doh:

Humble pie tomorrow with the mechanic! :rolleyes:

The battery, well the trickle charger says it's ok and has charged. So the next few days should

tell me one way or the other.

Just out of interest cats,what did they do exactly on the service? was it just oil and filters? :dontknow:

I lent him the Workshop Manual and told him I needed a 16,000 miler

shims, oil, brakes, filters, general check-over etc. custom lever replacement, MOT.

I have to say the bike feels slick! The steering he loosened as he felt it was too tight.

The shims he said did not need doing. Told him the pads are the originals - he was surprised

as he said there is probably a good 4,000 miles left on them!

He is good, despite my earlier gripe!

Works with one other and has 30 years experience behind him.

Came recommended after much searching.

I will go back to him as the Bike feels good and I am pleased with the work done.

My bike I'm so pleased with, except this baterry problem - it's not let me down once! :thumbsup:

and even with 16,000 on the clock the condition is 'A1'!

He may have had the ignition turned on for a while draining your battery while he was doing the work , and that may have killed it off ?.

yep, that crossed my mind.