Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BadAssBert

engines

7 posts in this topic

could any 1 tell me if i can fit an older version engine or a blackbird engine into a late 02 x11

i have a shattered crank casing that cant be fixed and they want me to scrap t bike in but bollocks to that i can pick up a older version of the engine off a x1 for just over 400 and blackbird for 500 which should i go for :huh:?

Stu,his chain snapped and it's lunched the motor casing :

Bad news bert,there has been 2 X engines on fleebay for a while now.Should be a straightforward swap,as all the X11 engines have f.i,and i think all the same.

Older bbird engines were carb fed up to yr2000 so fitting one of those would prolly be too much hassle,also i think the engine mounts for the bird are different,despite the 2 bikes looking very similar.

If i was you,i would try and get the best Xengine you can afford and then swap them over.

Good luck,hope your on the road again soon :thumbsup:

Those engines have been on Ebay for ages now. Make him an offer, you could get a result.

Good luck.

try some of them breaker that do a search of uk for what you want

bike breaker info or such like

good luck in getting back on road

Hi Simon How bad is your Engine as I know a superb Ally welder who is really cheep so could your Engine be repaired ? :dontknow:

Also I have made some of the special socket needed to undo the lock nut on your engine mounts so 1 is yours for a small donation to the forum !.

John

That would be great yes il need that type of wrench if i pull her out! just heard back from thsuraompany they will give me 3k so ive asked them to look at me salvaging the bike off them and give me a figure??