Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick

Too hot?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

just a quick question: Is the clutch cover supposed to get too hot to touch?

Regards,

Mick.

:welcome: to the forum :thumbsup:

Well, I suppose if you are running slowly through traffic, or if you have been riding it hard then it may well do. If the clutch is working ok and the engine isn't overheating, then I suppose it will be ok?

Thanks for that, don't want to wreck the clutch. May change the oil even though the previous owner said he'd just done it.

They do run very hot esp in traffic, don't be surprised to see the temp gauge rise high in that situation aswell.

Engine covers will get hot, touch the end cans (if there standard) after a ride!! fry an egg on the buggers!!:D

Yes, it runs hot, but nowhere near as hot as the Blackbird. Nothing to be alarmed about.

Thanks for the info, not had the bike long so am still testing the water. First impressions are FANTASTIC !! Had a few things wrong when I got it: Tyre pressures were, front 20 & rear 22. The plugs were original, the air filter was all but clogged, rear shock was on setting 7 and lastly the rear chain had 2"+ of play. So as you can imagine it was a bit crap. But now all thats done it's a different beast.

Nice one Mick , by the sounds of things I'd get some premium Oil into it as well then change it again a month later to be happy

Thanks for that, have changed it today with Comma 10-40. Have also ordered some of that BG44K, which by the way is on special offer,