Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest big gaz chip

help fi light flashing

15 posts in this topic

hi, :welcome:am new to this, just want to ask a question, my x11 FI light is flashing, when i turn the key on, it flashes 8 times fast, then 2 slow flashes then 3 fast, has any one any idea what this means?:confused:

8 is TP sensor and 23 is oxygen sensor heater.

Check the connectors of those and ECM connectors allso, there might be a bad connection somewhere

hi thanks will try.:)

hi checked the wires everything ok back to ecm. must be sensor.

The sensor can be disconnected from the loom and a resistor can be fitted to the heater terminals on the loom to simulate the sensor. This is all an O2 eliminator does that you can buy from Dynojet, usually iftted when an aftermarket exhaust is fitted that doesnt have a port for the O2 sensor.

I had the same problem last year. Managed to pick up a replacement 02 Sensor cheap, otherwise I would have gone down the other route mentioned. Good luck!

thanks,pulling my hair out if i had any,lol.just need to find a tp sensor.cheers

hi, can any one help me find a tp sensor, will a blackbird part work on our x11,s.thanks.

I would think the TP sensor would be common to a lot of Honda FI bikes so a breaker may well have one, try Berties at Chorley or Blacks at Ormskirk for s/hand route or David Silver for New. Think Hunts at Burnage are the only surviving Honda dealer in the NW at present

thanks will try them out .hope 2 go 2 nw 200 on x .cheers

Oh John the guy that runs Jaws the online Bird shop might be able to help with regard to wether the TP sensor is the same, his number is posted on the site, he is often available at night too to take calls.

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help. Took big girl 2 Clarke's in Accrington, they sorted it, tp out was a bad wire. The 02 sensor was ka-put, so I got a blackbird one off **** for 20 quid - honda wanted 199, seems to work fine. Cheers.

According to the Honda Dealer EPC the part is 36531-MCC-601 and is specific to either model of X11. It would appear the price new is a staggering

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help. Took big girl 2 Clarke's in Accrington, they sorted it, tp out was a bad wire. The 02 sensor was ka-put, so I got a blackbird one off **** for 20 quid - honda wanted 199, seems to work fine. Cheers.

Result then!:D

hi, :welcome:am new to this, just want to ask a question, my x11 FI light is flashing, when i turn the key on, it flashes 8 times fast, then 2 slow flashes then 3 fast, has any one any idea what this means?:confused:

is what you tried to disconnecting your battery and plug your battery?