Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maintenanceman

X-11 Exhaust header, good or bad?

6 posts in this topic

One guy trade his X-11 at my work , (he bought a Polaris ATV), there is a Devil full system in his bike (4 to 1) and he gave the original system with the bike.

So, it was good opportunity to observe the original header...

Looks that it is not so good as you can think, if you look at the "joints" where two pipes connect to one and those two to one before they are devided to two again for both sides of the bike. (simply thing to explain:D)

It seems (to me) that those points could easily be wider, or is there some meaning, for example that torque would not be so good if the pipes are wider.

Allso those welded "rings" at the point that goes "in to the head" are not so wide that they could be, it would be easy to grind the weldings little bit... Maybe i am too sceptic but you can see those things from the photos that i took (again phone camera, sorry about that).

08032009415.jpg

08032009416.jpg

08032009417.jpg

08032009421.jpg

08032009420.jpg

I found one place that sells XX Blackie header, dont know the brand but it seems to be okay, allso the price is something that i`m wondering...

They ask 459

Hi i would sujest fitting a four into one a full ackro will givve you loads more power Les

Hi i would sujest fitting a four into one a full ackro will givve you loads more power Les

That would be good for sure.

But.... to my mind, this bike has to have cans on both sides, thats only my opinion:cool:

That would be good for sure.

But.... to my mind, this bike has to have cans on both sides, thats only my opinion:cool:

I agree on both counts, the bike may "go" better 4 to 1 but looks better with two cans IMHO:)

Aye, agreed.... I have a barely used Akro 4-1 in the shed as I prefer the twin can set-up.

Aye, agreed.... I have a barely used Akro 4-1 in the shed as I prefer the twin can set-up.

Yeah, and i have allready those Yoshimura`s;)