Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BOF Sparkz

front suspension

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i've just bought an x11 a week ago. i love it to bits already.

But the front suspension feels quite stiff to the point i can feel every bump and every bit of grit in the road and its quite a handfull.

Is the suspension normally this hard, the reason i ask is the rear suspension was set to max hardness, i'm guessing the previous owner was a big lad and or carried a lot of luggage. and i'm wondering if he may have altered the front suspension somhow to make that harder too.

Front end on mine feels pretty supple to the point of being on the soft side. It is not like a sports bike front end, under hard breaking i can get a dive but normally it is quite smooth. As you sugest it may have been modified to accomodate the previous owner, as there is not any settings to adjust it may be that it has a heavy oil in the forks to stiffen it up, the only other possibility is that the springs are non standard, a remote possibilty is that the internals have been modded to reduce the oil flow though that would be a bit dangerous and extreme.

ye cheers m8, i think i'll take them apart make sure they got the right oil type, and amount in and see if theres any difference.

cool cheers m8 is that air gap (air gap at top should be 164mm) with or without the fork springs in cause it obviously matters ,

With it out... compress and pull out the tube at least 5 times then measure the level with it fully compressed. When you put the spring back in have the tapered, tighter coiled end pointing down.

The service limit on the spring is a minimum of 314.1 mm long.