Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kraftwerk

Brake pedal replacement

7 posts in this topic

Bought a new brake pedal to replace mine that got a bit bent when I ran over a suicidal pedestrian. This weekend being nice, I spent most of it tinkering with my bikes. Got around to this job, but jeez, it looks a bit complicated. Seems I need to remove the peg hanger and swingarm pivot bolt to get at it.

The bent one is still on.

On a lighter note, I also bought a hugger and fitted that in two minutes. Fancy a new shock now to make it look nice. Does the Blackbird shock fit?

Just await the arrival of new radiator shrouds and pulser cover this week and my daily will be back to its beautiful best. Passed the MOT last week, too. Happy days.

2463564967_570bace68e_b.jpg

Blackbird shock won't fit mate. Totally different mounts.

If your shock is looking scruffy, take the spring off and have it re-coated.;)

Gonna get mine done in summer (Hopefully)

Thanks Raeman. Next question: anyone know a decent place to have the shock rebuilt/recoated in London? There's a place near where I live called Motorcycle Moose - web details say to call a Mr Groat. He sounds like a sort. Maybe I'll just dive in...

Most places will rebuild a shock to your spec via post, you take it off tell them what it came off, give them your weight and any other relevant info and they will do the rest. Try someone like Maxton, Hagon or have a look in the trade section of MCN.

Thanks Standish. I just don't have the equipment at home to remove the shock.

Bought a new brake pedal to replace mine that got a bit bent when I ran over a suicidal pedestrian. This weekend being nice, I spent most of it tinkering with my bikes. Got around to this job, but jeez, it looks a bit complicated. Seems I need to remove the peg hanger and swingarm pivot bolt to get at it.

The bent one is still on.

On a lighter note, I also bought a hugger and fitted that in two minutes. Fancy a new shock now to make it look nice. Does the Blackbird shock fit?

Just await the arrival of new radiator shrouds and pulser cover this week and my daily will be back to its beautiful best. Passed the MOT last week, too. Happy days.

2463564967_570bace68e_b.jpg

Hi, i know im late whit this answer, but changed my brakepedal, it was simple enogh.Just mention, i bought secondhand one from a blackbird, and absolutly the same.I hope helped to someone whit this info.

Hi Krafwerk. If yo find a good one in London, let me know. I was wondering the same thing. I can get it off and would post it to someone but if there's a local one, I'd use them. Selling it but won't be without one for long, so will need it in the future (current one is top notch).