Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kenko

Plug Change

9 posts in this topic

Decided to change the oil and filter plus air filter and while I was at it new plugs.All went smooth until I changed the plugs,what a pig of a job that is,this as got to be the worst bike that I have owned for changing plugs.:aargh:

not the best job in the world. Easiest way is to lift the tank and remove the air filter housing.Remebering to put an old towel under the back end of the tank to protect the paintwork from scratching on the frame. I had to replace my plug leads as they had the flexibility of mahogany and i figured it was worthwhile to avoid a break sooner or later. at least you know it was done to your satisfaction Ken and you didn't have to pay some pimply moron to do it for you. Platinum or iridium??

Iridium Pete,next time I'll use your advice and remove the air box.

Can't understand why you didn't just remove the air box anyway.:confused:

Take all the gubbins off and use the plug spanner in the tool kit, easy job.;)

Mark, I was following the Honda manual and it never mentioned removing the airbox plus I had two mates who were rushing me so that we could go for a ride to Matlock while the sun was out..:doh:

Fair enough mate. Godda play when the sun shines eh?:D

Hi Guys

Just about to do the same - plugs / filters etec etc. Whats the best way to change the plugs - easiest way / specvial tools etc. Many thanks - Peter

:welcome:

As it says above.... It's easiest to remove the airbox... and the plug spanner in the toolkit is as good as anything else.

As eddy said.I left the airbox on and made the job harder..