Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest standish honda

cutting out

6 posts in this topic

went out today and had a good ride despite motor cutting out intermittantly, motor runs and pulls well normally but when it is wound up hard and the throttle is then shut down it cuts out, the FI light comes on and as the oil pressure drops the oil warning light comes on, it cannot be restarted in this state but if the ignition switch is turned off and back on it restarts 1st time and runs correctly, it also does it occasionally whilst backing off at traffic lights and junctions. It can be restarted while rolling by turning the ignition switch off/on. The fuel has been in the tank for about 8 weeks and i have just refilled with fresh, although if the fuel was bad i would have thought idle would be affected too.bearing in mind i have shifted the ECU i am wondering if i have a wire with an intermittant connection, i know others have suffered with cable faults at the ECU, iam not getting any error messages on the FI light, Any thoughts chaps?

i have shifted the ECU i am wondering if i have a wire with an intermittant connection

Aye, those wires are ****e! I'd give them a stiff coat of looking at as likely suspects...

The only concern is the fact that in needs switching off and on before a restart , unless the ECU needs to be reset ? , best get that wiring looked at in case it does any damage permanently to the ECU.

I'd go for ECU wiring - it is pretty fragile.

Do you have a power commander fitted? - wiring there is ****e too.

Pete

Eddy could be right here, you may have broke a wire on the ECU when doing your "Undertray" job.

Bloody delicate things them, and damn expensive!!:mad:

Good luck Pete.:)

Pete do you still have the techlusion unit fitted? what about disconnecting it and trying again that could have gone faulty either that or i`d agree with others and guess at the ECU wiring