Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hondaman

Givi rack from 900 Hornet fitting

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I've got a new rack for a hornet 900 and am at a loss as to how to fit the front mounts. There's two very flimsy M6 shoulder bolts there, is that where you need to make collars according to a previous post?

Thanks Hubert 

if it the same as the rack I have you need to have 4 tubular spacers, The bolts will have to be replaced with longer ones, I wondering if you were expecting a rack with side arms that fitted around the pivot point ?

Hi I've sent it back for a refund, there's no way it would fit really. The rack was a Givi 256 mono rack

on my X11 I have a Honda Hornet 900 sport rack with a Givi plate fitted to that then a top bop if and when required , The sport rack fixes on by using the grab rail holes which is why the rear of the sub frame needs to be strengthen . There are braces you can get to go across the back of sub frame also but I never have come across one yet 

Thanks for the help, from what you say it's the Renntec rack you have, I know that will fit and if I go for that I'll get my tail of the subframe welded up to strengthen it. For the time being I've bought a Kriega us-10 tail pack which straps to the rear underseat hooks and the grabrail.

All sorted now thanks to a guy in Germany and another in Poland...great to have international help ....I have a great Krauser set up, Krauser frame and k3 panniers with a Givi v46 colour.match top box. The guy in Poland gave me the rare back brace for the subframe free 😁

IMG_20230305_192143043.jpg

Edited by Hondaman