Gideon

Brakes on my X11

7 posts in this topic

Hi, my X11 runs really well apart from the breaks.

They are not as responsive for the power and weight of my bike.

I am planning to change the pads and clean the callipers this weekend but have two questions

1/ which break pads do you recommend 

2/ Is it worth spending £266 with Goodridge to buy braided break hose kit

1 have the brakes been de-linked ?

2 I always use EBC pads 

3 goodridge are good have them on my sv1000 and made big difference but x11 are ok brakes  if working well . you pay your money and made your choice 

Make sure the pads are "sintered"

I would go EBC HH pads ,I had Goodridge's very 1st hose Kit and had to get them to change it to fit the X , we got there in the end and it was a good kit , it is a pig to bleed though , I ended up delinking which was great , then went for a CBR front end

I find you need to put brake grease on the caliper sliders twice a year and use sintered pads. For a bike this powerful brakes need to be decent. Mine are linked and they are fine. 

hi there i am wondererin if anyone would know where i could get a right side radiator cover no joy on usual sell site cheers and sorry not about brakes but btw mine are original and sintered pads and all very good so far.

Hi au51

Keep and eye on the German eBay, there was a guy on there, who I have seen selling brand new radiator fairing parts (left side, right side and center grill) at damn good prices too.

It is the same guy, I think who is selling this part: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Honda-CB-1100-SF-X18-radiator-grille-Genuine-new-Kuhlergitter-Gitter-Kuhler/362581513541?fits=DEM_Make%3AHonda&epid=1214076409&hash=item546b8ad545:g:2GAAAOSwbPNaebej

Failing that the link below may well be worth a look.

https://japan.webike.net/products/1532558.html

Edited by Bmac109