Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HornetJay

Bleeding the brakes.

6 posts in this topic

I have never bled the brakes on a CBS so I looked up in the manual, is there anything to be aware of when bleeding the system It says to drain the fluid, should I completely drain out the fluid instead of bleeding it until new fluid appears with no bubbles?.

The inner and out bleed nipples seem a bit weird but I reckon if I follow the instructions I should be OK.

I found it a nightmare without a vacuum bleeder, just keep topping up until clean comes out of all the nipples.

If you do it properly, watch if for locking the front when you press the foot pedal!

I have just done this...Just keep your resevoirs topped up and use the correct

nipple bleeding sequence (I used the method from the blackbird forum) and you will be fine.

Dont let the fluid levels drop too far

and start sucking air ...I did a couple of laps and used  a bottle and a half of fluid,but like Eddy says

it all turns clear after a bit  and the difference is amazing...All of the sponginess has disappeared

from mine...a vast improvement...go for it.

Ok thanks Chaps whats the nipple sequence from the Black bird forum?.

It's nowt to be scared of! I did it with a glass bottle and a length of clear plastic hose from B&Q. Just follow the instructions for the blackbird. I couldn't use a vacuum pump to draw the fluid out ais it pulled too many air bubbles from around the nipple and I couldn't tell when the fluid was really clear, I used grease to try and seal it but it just wouldnt stop pulling air through.

I found as long as you pull the lever in, shut the bleed screw, let the lever out and repeat (in correct order) then it's just a matter of time. I am a novice and managed to get really nice feeling brakes.

Only problem with the bottle/hose method is you need an extra pair of hands for the CBS bits, unless you've got really long arms.