Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Tommo

Vibration at 5,000 rpm

5 posts in this topic

Hi I'm Tommo,

I've just joined and have just bought an X11 2002 and find that it begins to vibrate at 5,000 rpm whichever gear.  It has new chain and sprockets but these are not Honda genuine parts, I have adjusted chain to recommended adjustment, the vibration is not so bad but is still there.  Could this be the  fault of the non genuine parts? or is something else wrong?

Has anyone else experienced this, Any ideas would be welcomed.

Many thanks,

Tommo

Hi Tommo.

It is known fact that you can basically use what ever chain and rear sprocket but ALLWAYS oem front sprocket.

Only oem have those rubbers on both side of the sprocket, chain lean on them little bit and it reduce vibrations.

It might be also cam chain tensioner or wrongly adjusted balance shaft but i am 95% sure that it is the front sprocket.

Hi Maintenance Man,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.  It is also my feeling that the vibration is around the front sprocket area, also the previous owner has fitted a manual cam chain tensioner.  The other question is, is it a difficult job to adjust the balance shaft?  Again thanks for your input.

Not difficult, just follow the instructions from the workshop manual.

Btw, have you read the common new owner questions on the top of this section, there is also something about vibrations. 

Thanks again i will check this out , let you know in two or so weeks ,as im going away.