Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HornetJay

Some questions

6 posts in this topic

1.  When I start the bike up after not using it, for instance in the morning or when I finish my shift, if I don't use enough choke and its cold the bike sounds a bit knocky, I have been told that this is due to the spread of fuel not being even when a bike is first started without enough choke?.

Sorry if this is an idiotic question :).

2.  The paint on the heel plates ( black is rubbing off ) has anyone sorted this problem out, I am thinking of cutting up a sheet of carbon fibre and sticking it on to protect the heel/ gear/rear brake holder.

Has anyone else thought of something more ingenious?.

Try the starting technique in the new owner section - essentially hold clutch in set fast idle to about 1500 rpm and release clutch slowly after it warms a bit (all in neutral of course).

Its common for the clutch to knock when cold, the above method really helps.

Sorry not sure on the heel plates other than as you say covering them.

Thanks for the quick reply, unless someone comes up with a better plan then I think a bit of carbon fibre will do the trick.

there always powder coating or 1 idea I had but not done yet is send IMAGE WORKS a cardboard  cut out of the plates and ask him to quote for some pads simliar to knee pads for tank to your own design something like x11 decal on carbon I would think about £25-30 ish

The clutches rattle while the idle is low and its more once they get a bit worn) but it really doesn't matter, nothing whatsoever will happen, whether it rattles or not!. If like me you run the idle a bit low, you can often even feel it through the bars on idle. It'll vanish about 1100 rpm or so.  It's not the choke 'cause it hasn't one! (just fast idle control, the injection takes care of the fuel).

kr  D.

Honda have a reputation for noisy clutches, it only really does it when its cold to be honest, as for Fuel injection I don't think the X 11 Fi is proper modern Fi.