Pipsterx11

Help.... Have I killed it?

10 posts in this topic

I am currently doing some major changes to my bike and have removed the dash and relocated the hiss and ignition switch. I have used LED's to replace the the warning lights. All lights work ok as does the handlebar switches. The problem I have is that the fuel pump doesn't prime and even though the engine turns over when the start button is pushed, I don't have a spark either. Does the elec system need a feed back from speedo or rev counter system or something else that I have chopped through?? Any ideas welcome as the sun is shining and I am starting to panic.......

Another question..... Is there anyway to check if the HISS system is working. Does it switch a live out of the ECU or anything else that can be checked??

The Key should light up on the dash when it checks the key for the right transponder and then turn off once it recognises the key.

If the fuel pump hasn't primed then it hasn't seen the key transponder or you have upset the wiring in some way , the only other cause is the tilt sensor.

Or the kill switch?

IT LIVES - Hooray!! What a saga. This has been a major headache and my findings contradict other advice i have found on this site. It might be particular to my bike but hope this following info helps others. I removed the HISS ring from the ignition barrel and taped the key to the back of it. This is as advised elsewhere. However, with my HISS ring sensor, unless the key is held in what would be the normal on position, as if the key is in the lock barrel, then the HISS unit doesn't see the key and the systems don't turn on. Further testing showed it needs to be pretty much exactly in this position for it to work reliably. To say this caused me a few sleepless nights and the fact I can now draw an X11 circuit diagram from memory is an understatement. At one point I was even considering running direct feeds to the fuel pump and ECU to try and find the problem. I really hope this helps anybody considering this option. Now I have a Yam style MT01headlight, cut down front mudguard, custom dash, custom under tray and rear lights, painted in Ford GT 40 colours (light blue with Orange stripe - well I like it!).

and when will we see :pics:  please

Glad you sorted that out, go to the top of the class. :rock-on:

Here is my baby at the top of the Gros Glockner pass in Austria.

post-1687-0-03005500-1404047639_thumb.jpg

Bring us a snowball back please. :)