Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyH

Hornet 900 screen....does it fit the X11?????

12 posts in this topic

I sold my trusty 900 Hornet just after christmas last year after a marathon

dismantling/removing session of all the  bits and upgrades that I had

fitted over the years.I was wondering if the genuine Honda screen will fit

on the X11??? Anyone else tried this?

I know,i know i should just try it and see, but its up in the loft somewhere with all of

my other crap etc, so its easier to ask you chaps first....

Oh, and feel free with the ,"be a man ,screens are for wimps" comments.....

Be interesting to find out if it will fit or is easy to make fit Ed, plenty of screens listed all over for the Hornet but hardly any for the X-11

Look up your screen then see what it lists on models, the puig screen I have fits a far few different models, I dont think the fittings are any different.

If they fit on the headlight bolts then they usually fit the x11, universal screens are another source.

There's no wimpyness involved in fitting a screen, it's your bike, neck, fit whatever you like!

Oh, and feel free with the ,"be a man ,screens are for wimps" comments.....

I think I made that comment a couple of weeks or so, it was meant as a joke, a friendly dig at another fellow biker, no malice intended and as Eddy said it's your bike, your neck fit whatever you like! :biggrin3d:

I pick up my X11 in about a week - I am obsessed with standard everything so any extra parts I will sell cheap, it does have a screen and huge luggage rack that I will be selling on (cheap)

I will not say anymore here right now as I am guilty of not thoroughly reading forum rules and I do not want to cross any lines, I will see if there is a sell section on here...

Oh and no screens are not for wimps lol - I hate wind blast but hate screens more !

Edited by edharrison

Chill out guys no offence taken ,i am on the same wave lenght with you humour wise..

Thanks for the suggestions by the way. Looks like I will have to get the loft ladders

down and try it for myself.I will keep you posted..

Don't think loft ladders will stop much wind, and they'll be difficult to fit.  ^_^

Plus if you mount them horizontal they tend to get in the way. :dielaughing:

Yeah.loft ladders would look a bit stupid wouldnt they...Unless I started a window cleaning round

and used the bike instead of the car..

Nay Lad you fit a side-car like Wallace &Gromit then you can put they name plate on the side.Eddy & The panes :rock-on:

LOL...Nice one Brian