Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Strongbow

Honda X11 rectifier

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I need a new rectifier and upon looking at the old one the is one connector block near the rec and another connection bloack that runs down near the strator. If I remember rightly the Rec on the blackbird has the 2 con blocks nearby. Is there any easy way around this??

Regards Strongbow

Hi Rob

John at JAWS does a b/b one with 2 long leads,I brought one and shorten the one that sits next to the reg/rec and also had to slightly reroute the other that is sited under tank.Its a upgrade and I think it was mid 60's pounds Hope this helps Bry

Hi Rob

John at JAWS does a b/b one with 2 long leads,I brought one and shorten the one that sits next to the reg/rec and also had to slightly reroute the other that is sited under tank.Its a upgrade and I think it was mid 60's pounds Hope this helps Bry

When you shortened the second lead Bry, did you hardwire it???

I had to replace both the genny and the recy on my blackbird this year as left too long one tends to fook up the other if left unchecked.

What makes you think it's the recy Rob?

Bry is right, John Jaws is the very best place for this Item

Paul

the reg/rec comes with both plugs on,I I cut the shorter one to lenght then rethreaded the wires thru the plug before refitting the pins,I took pics of the plug from all angles to made sure the  wires went back right holes Bry

Paul

the reg/rec comes with both plugs on,I I cut the shorter one to lenght then rethreaded the wires thru the plug before refitting the pins,I took pics of the plug from all angles to made sure the  wires went back right holes Bry

DOH!  Yes of course the pins were separate

Thanks Bry

Hi

I need a new rectifier and upon looking at the old one the is one connector block near the rec and another connection bloack that runs down near the strator. If I remember rightly the Rec on the blackbird has the 2 con blocks nearby. Is there any easy way around this??

Regards Strongbow

I did it like this. http://www.hondax11.com/ips/index.php?/topic/11382-changed-regulator-noticed-a-crack-in-the-back-of-the-frame/