Guest paulus

Standard bracket on x11?????

14 posts in this topic

Can anyone verify that the bracket on the pictures is standard for the X11 (what the autocom is mounted on) or is this a modifacation to strengthen the subframe???

post-1482-0-69407600-1357394964_thumb.jpg

post-1482-0-47463100-1357394983_thumb.jpg

That's an aftermarket mod, looks good too.

Thanks Eddy!

This is great news as I wasn't looking forward to removing the subframe then finding an engineer to weld/toughen it up etc etc :frantics:

paul its not a standard bracket and looks meaty enough to support a sport rack but does the grab rail base stand high as you need the sport rack to stand on top of bracket and the bolts to clamp onto the bracketand not the threaded lugs as the weak point is in the square in frint of the lugs.if you need any thing give me a shout.Bry

Thanks Bry! :niceone:

I think I understand what you are saying

I will keep an eye on the subframe and (modded bracket) over this years travels

I wonder where the previous owner got the bracket from? It looks so profesional that untill today I thought it was standard on all X11's

It wasn't untill I sat pondering how to beef up the subframe that I realised this bracket is doing just that.....Hence my question

Thats the subframe reinforcing bracket that Givi suplied with the monorack , they are rarer than the monoracks themselves as most people that have sold monoracks on fleabay etc are the second-third-forth owners that dont realise the bracket is in there when they sell them.

worth its wheight in gold for reinforcing the subframe. :niceone2:

Thanks John that ties up this enigma totally!

you can't imagine what a pillock I felt after I removed this bracket so that I could take a look at this area of the subframe to sum up what would be required by an engineering firm!!!

It wasn't untill I just sat there in the garage studying it with brew in hand that it dawned on me that somehow this bracket is providing a substantial beefing up of the subframe.

I was still unsure that it wasn't standard on the X11 hence my question here.

Anyway a BIG thank you to all of you...................total credit to this great forum! :thumbsup2:  :headbang:

Glad to be of Help Paul , I know the bracket well as A friends X has one and when I brought my monorack (of fleabay) it didnt come with one , I even asked the seller if he had the bracket but he didnt have a clue what I was on about.

Fortunately one of the Dutch members at 2011 German bash was selling stainless ones for €10, a bargain , still havent put it on tho !

This expanation of the bracket is fascinating. I certainly wont be taking it off now if it adds strength to the subframe. I have only just noticed this thread guys !

Just a thought, I am waiting for a set of foam pads for the grabrail, would another set help to fill the gap ? Not sure how thick they are

If you have the seat cowling on top of the bracket there should be very little gap under the grab rail.If a other member would post a photo side view of the grab rail seat cowling area you would see what it should be like .Would do it myself but camera batteries flat.If you still want a thicker foam I used a foam we get tools in from work. you use the honda ones as a pattern then put the honda ones on top .if you want a couple of foam approx 2"x4" pm me you address and I sent when the next lot comes in.Bry

If you have the seat cowling on top of the bracket there should be very little gap under the grab rail.If a other member would post a photo side view of the grab rail seat cowling area you would see what it should be like .Would do it myself but camera batteries flat.If you still want a thicker foam I used a foam we get tools in from work. you use the honda ones as a pattern then put the honda ones on top .if you want a couple of foam approx 2"x4" pm me you address and I sent when the next lot comes in.Bry

thanks bry thats very kind offer, i think ive got some foam in the garage. Many thanks for the idea mate !

This is what it should look like Martin

post-1482-0-70224200-1359325053_thumb.jpg

This is what it should look like Martin

yep, mines just like that now mate :niceone2:

nice cans btw

Edited by funguseater

Thanks Martin....(cans)......................Well chuffed you're sorted now!.................Forum at it's best I say :thumbsup: