Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chunky

GAP IN SEAT!? ANY IDEAS?

11 posts in this topic

HI,i sold my x11 a few years back :nuts:  and then promptly bought it back :niceone2:  but sadly not before he had chance to cut and bolox up the seat subframe! :tdown: .My problem is i got another one but ever since i have a gap at the back where it doesnt quite sit in right :frown:  whats the solution? can the seat be adjusted on the catch?

Just a thought it is a x11 subframe you have,knowing the 900 hornet rack fixs on the x11 and the b/bird may be similar ,I'm wondering if who ever sold the sub frame may have sold you the wrong one ?

Edited by blueboy

As Blueboy says maybe The subframe is from another bike

Interestingly, I have a corbin seat on my Blackbird as the oem seat stopped my clarret circulation and I couldn't do much more than 100 miles without having to get off and walk around.

So

When I got the X11 I thought AHA! I will use the corbin seat for both bikes but the seat was too long for the the X11............Not by much but enough to prevent it ever fitting.

It may well be that a Blackbird subframe has been botched to fit as there are lots of these available.

Hope this helps :dontknow:

cheers for thoughts :niceone: on this,but i am 100 percent its from another x11 :huh: .not sure what to do now? ill ponder for a while lol am looking to buy a new undertray that eliminates the rear light so might be able to modify the backend at same time to fill or remove the gap.

Any chance you can load pics and are you sure the seat is the right one?

Were looking at a cb1300 bike today (just looking not buying) and noticed that the seat is a lot like the x11??

I would love to load pics but do not know how? never aloud too or view galleries?

:question:  :nuts:

I would love to load pics but do not know how? never aloud too or view galleries?

:question:  :nuts:

I use photobucket, there is also some others.

Make account, load your photos there and copy/paste photos "image code" here in your text.

Thats it. Remember that if you delete your photo where ever "photohost" it is it wont show anymore if you have linked it.

Hi Paul

I would have you sub frame beefed up if you have a rack for it,its looks like there as been some welding done but I always weld plates to the side and back.Maybe a other member will be able to advice if they think it will be ok for a sports rack with a light load ?

Edited by blueboy