Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Macex

Preparing biker for winter

6 posts in this topic

I drove my bike to carage and take the battert out from my bike and started to think that, is the Powercommander gonna lose its tune or something, if i keep the battert out of my bike. Should i keep the battery in bike and put something Smart charger to the battery?

I would use a smart charger as you call them anyway,just to keep the battery in tip top condition as well as any electronic you have on bike.

I don't know much about power commanders so I will bow to Blueboy's experience as he does have one.....however (power comander aside) ....Every winter I have just let the battery go flat then trickle charged it in the new year without problems. I have heard lots of tales of batteries failing due to constant trickle charging over the winter (drying out the battery).

Keep your pride and joy wrapped up Macex this winter as my brother lives in Finland and tells me just how cold it gets!! :niceone:

I don't know much about power commanders so I will bow to Blueboy's experience as he does have one.....however (power comander aside) ....Every winter I have just let the battery go flat then trickle charged it in the new year without problems. I have heard lots of tales of batteries failing due to constant trickle charging over the winter (drying out the battery).

Keep your pride and joy wrapped up Macex this winter as my brother lives in Finland and tells me just how cold it gets!! :niceone:

I keep that in my mind and take kossu, if it goes too cold to me(-40celsius)

I would use a smart charger as you call them anyway,just to keep the battery in tip top condition as well as any electronic you have on bike.

I just go and grab C-TEK XS3600 from nearest shop i can find.

-40celsius we are starting to keep our bikes inside :sunny:

Check out those C-Tec`s carefully, some of those models are not supposed to use in - degrees (ok, probably you are not going to keep your bike outside).

I am using c-tec also with my battey attached to bike, no power commander issues.

I keep my bike at my grandmoms garage. There is heating, so no problems with temperature.