Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest paulus

Charging system failure.....again!

6 posts in this topic

As soon as we put a tyre in Spain Portugal this year, the Blackbird decided to give up charging the battery when the lights were on etc.

Plug between the regulator/rectifier and the generator was black and molten :eek2:

Ended up replacing both the Genny and Rectifiier + gasket.........................Touch under £200 with postage.......Jaws :toomuch:

Decided to go to work on the X11 Friday and although the starter was a bit lazy I just put it down to not being used for a while......mmmmm

Finished work.....key in, turned once and died.

Jump started it off and made it home.

Today I have put the x6^$£)* on charge but I will bet it isn't the battery

I suspect another £200 :aargh:

Do you have an alarm fitted? I have one on my X11 and if I don't use it for a week or so the battery can go flat. :)

Hi Kenko,

Thanks for your response!

No!.......... Fitted an Autocom last weekend but I made absolutely sure I used a live after (turning the key)

Have emailed John Jaws re this problem but I'll bet it will be the HONDA rectifier yet again

John sells a beefed up version that doesn't fry in temperatures above 11Deg C

West Brom.......................Are you going to the bike show?

I see Blueboy is drumming up peeps to meet up there and I am considering?

I don't think be going to the bike show this year, been there too many times but I might change my mind. :D

Twisting Janets arm to go this year and she just might. last time I went it was three lads and I drove while they got erm........Beer

Going to check out the train here from Chorley.

If you do go Kenko, We'll have to swop numbers so we can run into each other :headbang:

Hi I replace the reg/rectifilier on my x11 with one from jaws before fitting I get a 6mm ali plate and drilled to go behind unit spreading heatsink paste between,up to now no probs did think of fan but thought it may be a bit ott.Also if you are going to show travelodge are doing rooms for about £20 sunday and monday night.Was thinking may go down and do motorcycle muse. on sunday and show monday or other way round?