Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Smudge

No sound from fuel pump?

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone shed any light please?

The big X started first prod last sunday, so went for a quick blat, came back hooked up to Optimate and left it. Stuck the bike in the back of my van yesterday to take to a mates for service. He calls me today to say the bike won't start, it's turning over well, but he's not hearing the fuel pump prime when turning on the ignition. Any ideas what the cause might be please?

He's checked fuses, side stand up, clutch in, kill switch on and tried using both keys...

He says he is going to investigate further on Saturday, but just thought one of you genius types on here might know the answer?

Cheers all

The connector inside the tank fell off mine once, after a spill, but when investigated it could have only come off because the connector was not pushed home & clicked in, in the first place.

Check the continuity of the wiring to the tank then check the connector inside the tank !

Edited by wayne

also check any leads or connectors that were in the path of any tie-down straps in the back of the van,Bry

Found it, loose conection from battery to fuel pump. Tightened and bingo. Cheers ladies

"van" and "ladies" what's going on? Very glad you got the X11 sorted, well done.

Had to go in le van, cos spannerman is keeping it a while for service at his leisure - mates rates, and i then had to get back home!

Ladies... just a term of endearment!!

Enjoy the rain... bored of it now...