Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest tinhook

swing arm bearings

3 posts in this topic

:aargh: trying to replace my scrached swing arm with another i got from the bay, how the fun do you take out the old bearings? i`m getting the replacement arm powder coated but need to remove the bearings first. bearing in mind that i am not known for any practical skills whatsoever, can a total spanner wanka do it or should i pay my local dealer to do it & refit new bearings after its been coated? also, whats inside the handelbars? wanted to fit bar end mirrors, i read streetfighter mag, but couldn`t get the bar ends off, am i that much of a plumb? look forward to your consistantly good advice, jim.

taking out the bearings is not a big job but if you take your replacement swing arm and new bearings to mech. or engineering shop they such not charge much and will have drifts and press.I would put new bearings in but you could ask them to take the old ones out and reuse if they are ok. when you have the swing arm coated don't forget to cover bearing bores and the like Bry

cheers bry, the powder coating place does a lot of motorcycle parts so i have faith in the fact they should do all this for me. but as i`m not allowed to speak to any cold callers at the door anymore, maybe i will remind them. will do a bit of phoning around today for prices to remove said bearings, i really cant trust myself not to stuff it up, broke a rear indicator stalk taking the cover off my x in the garage the other day, d`oh! jim.