Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest nosobrut

Over heating problem

8 posts in this topic

Hi ,the X11 i've just got, was running fine when I picked it up in Bristol but when I got into London I noticed it running very hot up near the red.I managed to keep going as far as Clapham common then it run into the red ,I pulled into the 24 hr cafe there and let it cool down ,the fan was running when I cut the engine.I need to down load the manual to see whats what hence I'm putting up a couple of posts so I can do that.Has any one out there got any solutions ,I have tried a few tests on the fan and the sensor .I think it might be the thermostat as the bike was not used for 15 months .I run the bike around for a couple of hours in Bristol without any problems and a hundred miles back into London before any problems with the over heating when stuck in traffic.

Hi

They all run a bit hot in traffic, right up to the threshold of the red zone. I was a bit concerned too at first - I did think of setting up an LED on the headstock to come on when the fan was running to give me a little piece of mind. But I'm used to it now and it's never actually gone into the red - just right up to it.

As long as the fan is kicking in (as you said it did), and it comes back down as soon as you get moving again, it'll be ok - check out the new owner questions in this section of the forum.

Look after her and she'll see you right.

Just a thought it may be worth changing the coolant.

Thanks for the replies ,I think there must be a problem, my mate who owned the bike said he never had any probs with over heating.It just seems to be a bit strange that it should run so hot.Does yours do the same Eddy.

Yeah they all do it John, flush and change the coolant tho, as Brian suggested.

S'pose you checked the coolant level?

Yep coolant levels ok,seems that Blackbirds can suffer with over heating problems aswell .I Rode it to work today no problem .I might fit a switch to kick in the fan