Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwr

What the camchain looks like after 65k...

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just to add to the store of human knowledge... :)

I just changed my camchain and all sliders, plus did valve clearances. My X has done 66k (miles) and the valve cover has clearly never been off...

Results are that one valve clearance was slightly out (low) on one exhaust, by about 0.06mm. All others were easily inside tolerance and almost identical to each other.

See the pics for the old vs. new camchain etc. There was no point to change it in fact, it was almost indistinguishable from the new one! But I did anyway... The sliders are also almost unmarked, and probably could have been left, but I didn't like that the 'white nylon' one was so discoloured by oil, it might have got brittle...maybe...

17092011142.jpg

Chains the same length..

17092011147.jpg

Not easy to see but almost no marking at all.

17092011144.jpg

same amount of side flex...

oops.jpg

As in my other post, this guide was shot though...

The pair valves were fairly cruddy although they probably could have been cleaned. However I changed them...

kr D.

Amazing!!! I have said before this bike will run to forever and back. I was contemplating doing mine as well, but she still sounds sweet and smooth. Mine has just over 52,000km on it.

Awesome stuff, just more confirmation that I made a good choice with this bike. The more I ride it the more I love it