Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest honda-x11-thailand

Fuel in Engine/Transmission fluid

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, i am looking for help re a friends honda cbs 1100 x11 its a (sc42) bike, it came in for some brake lines which i have upgraded, while i was working on the bike, i noticed quite a bit of fuel leaking or dripping from above cylinder 2 throttle body, it turned out after removing the air box and running the bike, the fuel was coming out of the breather pipe which connects under the airbox nearest handle bars and connects other end the highest point of the engine cam cover. it was spurting out enough to immediately shut the engine off whist under some rev's.

it turned into an almost water based looking fluid before shut down.

i have drained the engine oil to find over 7lts of fluid come out smelling of fuel.

now I have checked all the vacuum pipes on the throttle bodies and all are connected up in the right places no blocks etc. there is one modification done by others, the fuel pressure regulator has been replaced by a 2nd unit mounted in a remote location but the fuel pipe still running through the old one mounted on the end of the fuel rail. vacuum pipe connection soldered up.

i suspect they had problems with the old one, thailand being thailand no stock for a genuine unit, someone has made a temp repair and it worked so left it.

I have advised my friend to replace it with a genuine honda regulator and get all the fuel lines replaced again with genuine fittings etc. get it back to factory spec as much as possible.

now is there any other possible reason why after only covering some 3,000 kms, why nearly 3.5lts excess fluid i.e fuel has ended up in the engine transmission system?

is there some possible major mechanical reason for this internally? no info seems to be on the net about similar problems or this site from what i can tell from my searches.

look forward to any feedback. i have photos if someone wants me to email them.

When you first switch on the ignition, you should hear the electric fuel pump prime itself and then switch off.

Is it switching off or continuing to run?

Oh, :welcome: to the forums.

Is it running with all cylinders, maybe one of the injectors is leaking and giving too much fuel in one cylinder. This is what usually happens if carburetors float valve is stuck and fuel flows in one cylinder (i have fixed few Yamaha Viragos and some boat engines because of this problem). X-11 is injected but it can happen if one injector is leaking.