Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wayne

Rear Caliper

6 posts in this topic

Put new rear pads in last week, noticed the caliper did not slide to easily, checked the small pin bolt it was ok.

Tried the larger one could not move it. Decided to order new one from David Silver before butchering the old one out, came today fitted it took me 2 hours to get the old one out (little B'stard) think I just cought it in time, lubed it up well & fitted new rubbers on both pins, think I just caught it in time, best be checking this lads next time you have the opportunity.

post-10-0-05970600-1301000046_thumb.jpg

Slacker Should have greased it sooner :violent1:

I greased it as often as the as the Honda mechanics do when they carry out a service :P

Edited by wayne

Oh well at least you caught it , Wouldnt like to cause offence to anyone on here but how many mechanics would you trust ?

Easy to miss, I thought it might rip the thread out of the caliper it was that tight, could not move it by hand with standard spanner length.

Borrowed the snap on battery impact gun from work 800 Nm of break out force, worked it back & forth slowly, shall check it much more often or borrow the impact gun again !

I've got mine all in bits at the mo, everything being cleaned, repainted and sorted.

Must admit those bolts can get quite tight but jeez Wayne not that tight! :laugh: